20th Century GI
December 19, 2018, 04:27:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Linked Events
  • Rockholm Gardens, Arcola, IL: June 27, 2008 - June 29, 2008
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 27-30 June 2008, Rockholm Gardens, Arcola, IL  (Read 8953 times)
papajoad
Administrator
Lieutenant General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »

27-30 June 2008, Rockholm Gardens, Arcola, IL, public displays and battles, for more information contact: Mike Lipe @ 309-762-0212 or lordkales@qconline.com

Creat your own driving instructions using Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:00:54 PM by Papajoad » Logged

"see you out there"
SgtDon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 05:09:03 PM »

Got a USO dance scheduled for Sat night that I have been wroking on just a bit. I would also invite anyone who has an impression that would like to participate in it to contact me so that we may include your act/skit/song whatever you would like to do. an open Mic night if there ever was one.
I am working on someone now who I hope can do a Bob Hope routine. Finding some music and I got one girl and gonna try and get 2 more who can sing to do a Andrews sister kinda thing.
Rockome is a nice site, old time kinda main street with working blasksmith shop etc that we will be holding small skits and scenerio's through out the day.
Hmmnn there any way I can post a map of the site here? I can scan one that I have.
I think we are getting fed Saturday night before the dance also. Cash Bar at the dance and they will also be selling tickets to the public. Reenactors of course get in free.
Any questions feel free to contact myself
debdon@mchsi.com
Also Rockome website which I hope will have some info on it soon
www.rockome.com
tks all
Don
SgtDon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 11:08:45 AM »

Things are coming together quite nicely in several aspects.
got a unit of 14th armoured coming out. got a firm commitment from LAH coming up from Neoga with equipment.
Public battle has been laid out. Got a French cafe impression going on in the village.
2nd ID from out fo rockford is coming down.
Got a crew coming to man the 2cm flak postion set up in town.
USO show is coming together with some live talent. PUtting together a andrew sisters act, got Marlene dietrich coming. found a guy who agreed to do a bob Hope impression.
The French id cards are designed and ready for printing to hand out to the public as they come in.
110th is coming and will be doing public interactive patrols inside the vil and the skits are being planned out.
Unit Co's who have made a commitment are recieveing info packets on this event with schedules.
There is a dedicated page on rockomes website set aside for this event also
www.rockome.com   look on thier calender of events for more.
Any questions or requests for info feel free to contact me
Don Drake   debdon@mchsi.com
<S>
SgtDon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »

BTW
Rockome Gardens is only about 2 or 2 1/2 hour drive from most of you St Louis guys...just another 40 min up the road from neoga.
stableboy69
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 09:24:21 AM »

Sgt Don is right, not that far out of the way for Gateway folks...with fuel prices the way they are we need to get events going that are central to many in the midwest (Chicago-Indy-St Louis areas).  Rockome would make a great summer event that we could have each year.  Looks like it's gonna be good this year...lots of things going on for every impression plus free food on Sat evening and a USO show with a cash bar.  Check out the website www.rockome.com to see what a neat place this is.
Hollywood
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 11:38:43 AM »

This looks like it's going to be a great event and it looks like my boys are coming out to be a part of it, so you can count on a squad from the 116th Infantry Regiment to be there. Don, do you know if we are going to be sleeping in building or should we count on being in tents for the weekend?
Gump
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 04:56:26 PM »

don the 116th will be there i have 7 attending as of now and im going to make sure it stays that way.oh pete count on bringing tents big guy thats the fun of it.looks good guys sound like its going to be a great event
stableboy69
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »

No barracks at this event, purely tent city, but hey, that's the way it was.  Glad to see you St Louis guys coming out
Hollywood
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 12:07:37 AM »

Oh, heck. Can't extend a little indoor courtesy to us St. Louis guys for driving all the way out there? Haha, Travis, looks like it's a good thing I bought that M1941 Tent, Small Wall for us. I think we should house the NCOs in there and make all the privates sleep in pup tents (of course I'll sew my corporal stripes back on for the weekend). Haha. Hey, I'm going to email the 2nd Rangers' officers and NCOs and see if I can't help sell them on this event. Sounds like it's going to be a good time.
SgtDon
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 07:36:22 AM »

Great news guys. I really look forward to seeing ya all.
Yup, bring your tents.
I stopped by Rockome again the other day and things are up and running. They have a working coppersmith in the vil if you guys want any copper utensils for camping or period whatever. Glassblower working there too.
Popjacks, a drink vendor is going to be there doing a French civie impression and selling a softdrink of thier own invention inperiod bottles that have been ahit at events past. They have done some research and will be selling them with period specific labels on them, mainly German and FRench labels of course but the bottles are reusable and make a great addition to the encampment.
The printed version fo the Rockome Review has been printed and about 300,000 been shipped to various places in Chicago and St Louis  to attract visiters to the site all summer long.
The WW2 event got one full page coverage in the REview.
So, at those free newstand places near fornt doors fo gas stations and such you may see them being distrubuted , pick one up and check it out.
I think the Rockome web site has been updated some concerning the event also.
I will be there early Friday morning all day long getting people lined out and things set up so will be there to greet when everyone comes in.
Sweetmeat
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »

If i can get off work for saturday i will DEFINATELY be coming to this event.

Cpl. Kevin Owens
D. Co 2nd Ranger Bn
Sweetmeat
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »

I am off work that weekend, I can bring my tents if you 29th guys want to share camp. Sound good? Lemme know.
Hollywood
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »

Kevin,

If you want to bring up a tent, go for it. We should have our M1941 Small Wall, and a pup tent city, but we can always use more tentage if you're willing. Have you talked to Travis about it??

-Pete
Sweetmeat
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 03:16:31 PM »

I did speak to Travis, he said you guys would be set for tentage. I will probably be bringing  my command post tent. Give me a call if you want 314 960-1611.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: