20th Century GI
August 21, 2019, 02:51:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reenactor not acting it up?  (Read 2899 times)
20thecbgreene
Private First Class

Devin A. Greene

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:16:21 PM »

I have see it many on times. I get to a event. I unpack, and change in to my 1940's clothes, i see may  reenactors get to the event unload the vehicle and set up there tent or make bed and then stand around afterwords with a military coat of something drinking it up. Not that having fun is wrong, mean while on there bunk is a copy of Playboy. Running around on there cell phones in the barracks. I under stand if you want to use modern things, but HIDE THEM! its not hard. So please lets all work hard to help hide are modern items, and use period looking subs in its place. I hide mine. It dose take time for a new guy to figure out how to hide stuff, so please be a little nice to them at lest once. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 06:27:11 AM by 20thecbgreene » Logged
Joe_RCEME
Private First Class

Is anyone ever on here?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:33:51 AM »

This is a great point. I know alot of us strive to create and make things completely period. I know in the RECCE camp at JB we are evreything or 100% authentic. If it isnt peroid it goes away and is left in the vehicle and not even brought into camp. I have even gone to the extent of wearing 1942 unissued dated underwear at the events. I might be crazy but atleast I know I am correct.

"Sreb Mun Tuobal Lasti"
battlebaby2
Event Coordinator, Bridge at Remagen,1945 Tidioute ,Pa
Private First Class

It is never Easy in Easy Co. Pvt. Harry Arnold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »

In our unit now and even when we did Civil War for the 130-135th, everyone in the unit had to be in period attire after all the modern work was done. This was after the tents,flies, cots  were put up and cars were parked. We did  not want to see the modern stuff anymore till it was time to go on Sunday.
 World War II has far better attire to wear and sleep in then Civil War and more "things" to use in the 1940's then the 1860's for food and comfort. I do miss cooking over a campfire with 12 other men. All the stories we told of past battles and friends. I have to bring this back to life again in the 1940'S

Pat
cco23i
Private First Class

"Where's those damn armorers?"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »

That's the point, if your going to portray a WW2 soldier do it to the best of your ability AND as ACCURATELY as possible!  Hell I thing EVERYONE can do with out a cell phone and such for a weekend.

Scott

Msgt. Scott Dunkirk
AZGCLHU Inc.
IYAMYAS
battlebaby2
Event Coordinator, Bridge at Remagen,1945 Tidioute ,Pa
Private First Class

It is never Easy in Easy Co. Pvt. Harry Arnold

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 06:07:26 PM »

I agree too with cell phones. I can live without it and texting too for the weekend. In only a few years the cell phone has taken over the world and reenacting also. I remember not too long ago we din't have cell phones. When we come home from reenacting we were behind on the news of the world. We were totally out of contact with it and it was good.

Pat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: