20th Century GI
October 19, 2019, 11:52:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Linked Events
  • Cambodian Incursion, Operation: September 20, 2019 - September 22, 2019
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20-22 September 2019, Cambodian Incursion, Operation Binh Tay I, Waxahach, TX  (Read 209 times)
papajoad
Administrator
Major General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2019, 05:44:57 PM »

20-22 September 2019, Cambodian Incursion, Operation Binh Tay I,  Waxahach, TXodian Incursion, Operation Binh Tay I - 1970

Public · Hosted by Brandon Morley and Brian Shajari

Sep 20 at 2 PM – Sep 22 at 12 PM

2439 W Highway 287 Business, Waxahachie, TX 75167

The rough idea I have in mind for this event is the Cambodian Incursion during the "Northern Thrust" into NVA Base area 702 in Operation Binh Tay I in May 1970. 

The goals of the event will be to seek out and destroy ALL cashes of rice, ammunition and any other war materials that might aid the North in their fight for a unified Vietnam under communist rule.

I am attempting to make this as immersive as I possibly can but everyone plays a part in the success or failure of an event and as such I need everyone’s help to pull this off.

You might ask how can I help?  Below are a few ways...

1.) Commit and Register sooner rather than later so event coordinators can organize units and make accommodations as needed that typically take time to implement.
2.) Focus on improving your encampment & impression rather than others... you can’t control what others do but you can what you do.
3.) Be willing to abide by the rules and standards set up by the event coordinators... there is a reason we request what we do.

Let it to be known that participants have options with regard to sleeping arrangements... there will be an encampment area (near the parking lot and registration area) where authenticity standards are not as stringent BUT for those who desire to live out of their “Rucks” and sleep in the field, you must be willing to “Hump” in everything you feel you will need to sustain you while there... NO POV's will be allowed on the field... only period vehicles are authorized for those that desire to bring them.  THERE ARE NO RESTROOM FACILITIES ON SITE... you will need to dig a hole (but if we have enough interest I will look into renting a porta pooper.

Ultimately I want ALL participants to have a fun and fulfilling experience.

If you have any questions please feel free to post here on the event page because I’m pretty sure if you have a question others do as well... BUT if you have a problem or concern please send me a PM.

Thanks everyone for your understanding and cooperation.

https://www.facebook.com/events/516496852490418/

"see you out there"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: