20th Century GI
September 23, 2020, 04:14:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Linked Events
  • WW II Weekend and USO Dance: September 13, 2008 - September 14, 2008
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: September 13-14 2008 WW II Weekend and USO Dinner Dance, Williamsport, MD  (Read 2400 times)
papajoad
Administrator
Major General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »

NOTE:  This event is 12 Hrs from St. Louis, I'm adding it to the List in support of some members of a Forum on WW II Homefront.

Welcome!
This is would be quite a drive from your area, but my hometown, Williamsport MD is doing a WW II weekend / USO dinner dance September 13, and 14th.
We are in Washington County Maryland, right on the Potomac River about an hour's drive West from Washington DC.

This is going to a tough sell for some of the reenactors here because the Ike Farm in Gettysburg is the next weekend. Gettysburg is just about 45 min. north of us, so I am trying to promote a week in our area. Harpers Ferry and Antietam are both only minutes from us as well as DC.

We have a 1st rate big band booked for the dance and the Abbott and Costello tribute team http://www.ultimateaandc.com/home.php
is traveling here to perform on Saturday.

We just made the decision to do this last month, so I am scrambling to get reenactors here. The plan is to move this event to May next year, but get it off the ground this fall.

Thanks!

Your OPA Rep.

For information contact:  philcomon@aol.com
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:43:27 PM by papajoad » Logged

"see you out there"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: