20th Century GI
August 21, 2019, 02:49:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Linked Events
  • 24-26 June 16, Provencal, LA: June 24, 2016 - June 26, 2016
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 24-26 June 2016, Tiger Land, Provencal LA  (Read 1219 times)
papajoad
Administrator
Major General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2016, 06:25:20 PM »

24-26 June 2016, Tiger Land, Provencal LA

Registration is now open for the June 24-26, 2016 Tigerland Tactical event.  In order to register for the event I will need  your name and address, the unit you are with, and the type of weapon that you plan on bringing sent to TigerlandTactical@gmail.com. Please direct all registration to this email address. If you plan to bring a period correct vehicle I will need that information as well so that we can make plans to use them in the scenario and arrange for parking for trai...lers. Registration is vital because it allows us to know how much water to purchase, how we need to map out scenarios, and I must turn in the numbers to the Forest Service to go with our permit. The battle fee will be $20 and is payable upon arrival at the site.  We will provide water and port a johns.  Please keep in mind that this event is in no way connected to Fort Polk and we will not have access to any of the facilities on base.  The area that we are using is on the northern most area of the old training grounds and is now a part of the Kistatchie National Forest.  Cell phone service is sparse and the terrain is rocky and hilly to say the least.  Also please keep in mind that this is Louisiana in June so the heat and humidity will certainly play a factor.  It's very 'Nam like and it will be an event that you won't forget!!  Only 70 days to go so get that registration info in as soon as possible.

For those of you asking for the GPS coordinates, here are the two easiest ways to find the battle site. We are in the middle of a national forest so there is not a physical address to use. These are the directions that I sent out last year and everyone made it there so here goes....
Go to Google and type in Kisatchie Lookout Tower, Provencal, La 71468. It will pull up the directions to the tower and also give you a Google Earth image. The turn off to the battle area and registration area is right across the hwy from the lookout tower. Parish road 350 on the map. It will give you an option on the side of the map to get directions. From there you just type in the address of where you will be leaving from and it will give you the route. I will have signs out along Hwy 117 that say Tigerland.
Here are the GPS coordinates to the registration area.
3127'27.91"N 9312'0.10"W.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/801879546541676/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:27:29 PM by papajoad » Logged

"see you out there"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: