20th Century GI
October 29, 2020, 07:41:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Linked Events
  • 11-14 April 14, VANDALIA, IL: April 11, 2014 - April 13, 2014
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 11-14 April 2014, VIETNAM WAR TACTICAL, VANDALIA, IL  (Read 2773 times)
papajoad
Administrator
Major General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2014, 07:34:03 PM »

VIETNAM WAR TACTICAL

Friday, April 11th -   Setup

Saturday & Sunday, April 12th-13th - Tactical

Area of Operations:   VANDALIA, IL

On 60 Acres of Wooded Farmland on two adjacent plots owned by Bill Reynolds (HRS Member, 82nd Airborne/325th Glider) and Joe Rosborough of the Armed Forces Museum here. They are donating the use of their land for tacticals now and in the future (including WWII). Map is attached to this e-mail.

The Camp Area has electrical hookups, lights, a fire pit and a picnic table already present. A mess tent is being set up and we are serving Breakfast AND Dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday (free of charge). Firewood is being provided. I will also have a small stock of C Ration style foods in the mess tent (canned stuff) for lunches but guys are encouraged to bring their own lunch.

Plenty of room for tents, and plenty of parking.

No restrictions on weapons, noise, digging, etc as long as we clean up after ourselves and aren't out shooting guns at 2 in the morning.

IN ADDITION, for those who do not have gear, I will have a Quartermaster Conex set up and you will be able to check out the following:

* Working PRC Radios & Accessories

* Field Gear (web gear + ammo pouches, canteens)

* VC / NVA Gear (canteens, uniforms, pouches)

I will also have grenade simulators and pyrotechnics available for use. I will also have jungle boots, uniforms and helmets for sale for people who don't have any. We are working more towards an immersion event. There will be NO PUBLIC ATTENDANCE.

I currently have 26 sign-ups for the event and we are looking for as many as we can get. Currently we have C Co (my unit) attending as well as the 9th Russian VDV out of Chicago who will be portraying North Vietnamese NVA soldiers.

Please sign-up in advance so that I know how many people are coming. Just shoot me an email and notify me that you are going to be there so I can plan ahead for the food. All who sign up will receive an email back from me with directions and contact numbers for the event. Thanks!

"see you out there"
papajoad
Administrator
Major General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:50:16 PM »

Photos are now in the Gallery.  Check this site for more on Viet Nam:
http://www.sitrepvietnam.webs.com/

"see you out there"
Pages: [1]
  Print