20th Century GI
August 21, 2019, 02:50:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wearing Active duty uniforms?  (Read 1788 times)
Dinadin
Private First Class

View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »

A friend of mine told me today that a law went into effect on Jan. 8th, or so which makes, it illegal to wear any current US military uniform. This would even include Woodland because some National Guard still use it. My friend is a member of a state approved State Guard (formerly called a Militia) and they are going to wear OD uniforms instead of ACU which they got approval from the state to wear about a year ago. Has anyone heard of this new law? I did do a search for the new law with no luck. I did find information about 10 USC, Subtitle A, Part II, Chapter 45, Sections 771 and 772, which should allow re-enactors to wear the uniforms.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/uniformwear.htm

Rich
Schafer's Folly?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
battlebaby2
Event Coordinator, Bridge at Remagen,1945 Tidioute ,Pa
Private First Class

It is never Easy in Easy Co. Pvt. Harry Arnold

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »

I heard about this alittle while ago from a retired Army General. He was overseas and called us to donate his patches to us. His uniform's had to be destoryed for fear they could fall into enemy hands. I believed he burned them up.
It will be intresting to see where this goes. Does it mean the surplus stores can't get the modern stuff anymore? The army store here buys the new stuff off the guys who come home and resells to others. She don't deal in old stuff what we all want.

Pat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: