20th Century GI
August 23, 2019, 08:44:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond-T Wrecker  (Read 4955 times)
Joe_RCEME
Private First Class

Is anyone ever on here?

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:52:53 AM »

I dont know how many of you collect manuals but i just picked up a WW2 Wrecker (Diamond-T) and I am looking for any and all manuals for it. Also if anyone has done a restoration on one or knows who has would be great. When I get home from Iraq I plan on getting it and starting the restoration. At that time i hope to show a photo documentary of the entire rebuild. I am told this is a hard truck to restore and to find.

"Sreb Mun Tuobal Lasti"
Railsplitter
Tech/5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:33:09 AM »

You see them come up from time to time.  They are out there, and there isnt a lot of demand for them since they are so big.  It would be great to see one out there.

LTC Tim
Joe_RCEME
Private First Class

Is anyone ever on here?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »

Yea thats one of the main reasons why I decided to get it. There not that many left. It will go great with my RCEME impression. I actually ran across 2 of them. One hard cab (mine) and a soft cab soon to be mine. I have 2 engines in the crates for them also. The guy I am getting it from bought it from the army drove it home and parked it. Hasen't been started or moved sense. Will be a great build. For all you off roaders out the who like to get stuck will be yet another way to pull you out.

"Sreb Mun Tuobal Lasti"
Dinadin
Private First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »

If you are still looking for manuals check out this site.

http://www.portrayal.com/

Rich
Schafer's Folly?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
36th Tom
Private First Class

Tom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »

I may know where another Diamond-T is near Cincinnati. The trail is only two months cold as of 8/12/08. If anone is interested in the thing, I can see if it is still there and any info about it.

Tom in Cincinnati
Joe_RCEME
Private First Class

Is anyone ever on here?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:56:51 AM »

Ok for all you still wondering yes I still am in the process of picking up the wrecker. Being deployed all of the time has put a huge hinder on getting it. I hope that it will be at JB in 2011 and possibly make a showing a few events before that.

"Sreb Mun Tuobal Lasti"
battlebaby2
Event Coordinator, Bridge at Remagen,1945 Tidioute ,Pa
Private First Class

It is never Easy in Easy Co. Pvt. Harry Arnold

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 02:50:56 PM »

We have a friend that was restoring a vehicle like this in NW Pa. He might still have it and want to sell. The wife knocked him out of the hobby.

Pat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: