20th Century GI
September 17, 2019, 03:39:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cost of Blanks on the way UP UP & Away  (Read 2212 times)
Sean Thornton
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »

I just noticed that Atlantic Wall has raised his .30-06 to $47 per 100 plus shipping, he actually sells them for $42 per 90 as a way of making you think that it is a good deal.  Swanson's I am sure are over $50 per 100.  Carbine blanks run $50 per 100 from Swanson's plus shipping.  That will sure reduce the tactic of "Covering Fire" for some.  I usually go to the field with my carbine and 500 rounds or more. I am glad I get mine for half the cost of the current vendors or less.  Ppsh blanks run $31 to $40 per 100 or load your own for $12 per 100.  The brass, primer and powder situation is not going to get better anytime soon.  This was just an observation while cruising the net.
Sean (From the Old Country)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:08:28 PM by Sean Thornton » Logged
Scott Wilke
Private First Class

Reddy Kilowatt "Sparky"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »

Hey Sean,

I agree with you about the cost of blanks going thru the roof. When I started reenacting you could get G.I. 30-06 blanks for about $25.00 per 100. Now that cost has doubled. I've bought and sold thousands of rounds. One thing I've found is that most reenactors don't have any money. They can barely afford the equipment they own. Most reenactors can't afford 100 rounds let alone a thousand rounds. I admit that even $250.00 is alot of money for 1000 rounds even if you could get ammo for that price.

A wise fellow told me something I'll never forget. This is a very expensive hobby. If you have money when you start this hobby it won't last long. The price of everything is going up and don't look for it to come down anytime soon. If your looking for a cheap hobby, this isn't it.

Capt Sparky

Capt. Scott Wilke
14th Armored Division
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: