20th Century GI
December 19, 2018, 04:13:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   links Search Calendar Login Register   *
Linked Events
  • Christmas at the Barracks: December 08, 2007
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas at the Barracks, 2007  (Read 7736 times)
admin
Administrator
Private First Class

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »

The Friends of Jefferson Barracks fund raiser, “Christmas at the Barracks”.  This years Dinner theme is “Pearl Harbor”. This is a Traditional Holiday gathering of WWII Re-enactors and pot luck dinner and Living History event with camping over on Saturday night.  The Barn and Laborers House will be open for display's and there is a heated indoor restroom. Set-up starts Friday night and the camp and displays are open to the public at 12 noon on Saturday, all WWII impressions, Axis or Allied, and all WWII vehicles are welcome, all WWII Theaters of Operations including PTO. The re-enactors will put on a uniform and equipment demonstration at the Friends of Jefferson Barracks Fund Raiser Dinner that evening. Bring a dish, desert or drink. Contact 20th Century G.I. for more information:  papajoad@20thcenturygi.com

How to get there using Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 06:26:47 PM by papajoad » Logged
Gilligan
Administrator
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:35:18 PM »

I going.  I cant wait.
Its going to be Chases Bday party and I am going to drink for him! (On his behalf, of course!) Smiley
Gilligan

My Impressions:
WW2:  First Special Service Force
VIETNAM:  196th Light Infantry Brigade
papajoad
Administrator
Lieutenant General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »

I going.  I cant wait.
Its going to be Chases Bday party and I am going to drink for him! (On his behalf, of course!) Smiley
Gilligan

So far the Germans will have the Laborers house for displays and overnight, the entire first floor will be open and it is heated, 29th ID will take the barn loft, the Russians will have a tent camp and there will be a mixture of re-enactors in the barn on the ground floor along with the Pacific displays.  Sparky will provide the mess tent and fly.  I encourage everyone to bring tents, even if you are not going to camp in them, I would like for this to look like a rear area R&R or Clearing Station/Supply area, the type found just a couple of miles behind the front lines.  Any and all military vehicles or crew served weapons would be good to enhance the look of the camp.  The Visitor Center restrooms will be open all night and they are heated.

I hope to see you there.  papajoad

"see you out there"
papajoad
Administrator
Lieutenant General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 10:34:02 PM »

Christmas at the Barracks, Schedual

7 Dec.:  start camp set up, 5 pm.
            I will have a key to the barn and things may be stored overnight.

8 Dec.:  camp set up, 6am till late evening
            open to public, 12 noon
            Chase b-day party, 4pm
            re-enactor pot luck dinner, 5:30pm
            Uniform and Equipment Demonstration at the Friends of Jefferson Barracks
            fund raiser dinner, 8:30pm
            dinner gusts visit camp, 9:30pm
            camp closed to public, 10:00pm
            re-enactors are welcome to come and go throught out the day, camping or
            staying over night in the buildings or tents is open to all re-enactors, 
            camp set-up takes place all day and night.

I hope to see you there

"see you out there"
papajoad
Administrator
Lieutenant General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 10:38:40 PM »

As you may know my son Chase Adkins is serving in Iraq, he will turn 21 on December 14, I would like to celebrate with friends, family and re-enactors his 21st.  Please bring a b-day card and be prepaired for group pictures which will be sent to him in Iraq to let Chase know that we are thinking of him.  Of course when he comes home we will have a real b-day party for him.  No gifts, just cards.  If any one would like to bring a b-day cake, please do.  Thank you from the Adkins family.

"see you out there"
papajoad
Administrator
Lieutenant General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 10:50:05 PM »

It's me again, I would like to explain the re-enactors pot luck dinner.  Christmas at the Barracks is an event with a lot of things going on. First and farmost this is a Christmas party for Re-enactors, a time to get together and celebrate the season, tell war stories make new friends and see old ones.  I would like each person to bring some kind of dish, drink, add to the beef stew pot, or anything that will help to make a great dinner, snack, or whatever just tastes good.  Last year we had so much food all were stuffed.  Even though we are open to the public,and helping the Friends of Jefferson Barracks to raise money, this is our event. 

Last year we had around 40 re-enactors visit and or stay the night, let's make this Christmas party the best event of the year, this is your event and I hope to see all of you there.

papajoad

"see you out there"
Hollywood
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 08:22:19 AM »

I can't wait for this event. Dunlop and I will be there early Saturday morning. We've even pimped out our helmets with 29th ID yin-yangs to celebrate our new unit. Is anyone bringing heaters for the barn?
Gump
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:50:36 AM »

I can't wait for this event. Dunlop and I will be there early Saturday morning. We've even pimped out our helmets with 29th ID yin-yangs to celebrate our new unit. Is anyone bringing heaters for the barn?

some will be brought but we have to becareful and we might not use them cause its not that bad in the loft.bring candles.see you there
papajoad
Administrator
Lieutenant General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 10:08:16 PM »

Papajoad here! 

Things are looking good at the Barracks.  29th ID have set up the loft of the barn as there HQ, you must check it out.  The Pacific and Japanese display will be on the ground floor.  The Germans have the laborers House which is heated.  The Mess tent will be set up tomorrow and then we are ready.

Remember, all Allied and Axis impressions are welcome, all theaters of war, all WWII vehicles and displays.

Merry Christmas

Oh, ya, the 1944 Pacific Santa will be at Chases B-Day party

"see you out there"
papajoad
Administrator
Lieutenant General

Hooked on Re-enacting!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »

Troop!

Christmas at the Barracks came off with only one hitch, the weather.  Being a little wet this weekend we had a lot of wet canvas to deal with, and that was it.  A good time was had by all at this years re-enactor Christmas Party.  All told we had about 40 re-enactors, not a bad gathering considering the weather. There was plenty of good food for all to try and the Birthday Party for Chase Adkins was well attended. The 29th ID did a great job on there display in the barn loft and there was the Pacific/Japanese display on the first floor. 

12 re-enactors participated in the Uniforms and Equipment show-n-tell at the Friends of Jefferson Barracks Fund Raiser Dinner.  There were representatives of the CBI U.S. Air Command, Japanese Imperial Army, 1941 G.I. Pearl Horbor,U.S.N.Brown Water Navy, 1930's China,1945 158th RCT Bushmasters, 29th ID 1944 ETO and representatives of the WWII German Army and the Soviet Army.  Every one did a great job, Thank you. 

Oh, Ya, Santa papaclausjoad was there to.  Please be sure to check the Photo Gallery for pic's of this event.

Papajoad

"see you out there"
Scott Wilke
Private First Class

Reddy Kilowatt "Sparky"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 09:07:42 PM »

To all that attended Christmas at Jefferson Barracks 7-8-07:

I want to thank everyone that put out a great effort to make this event. A real big thanks to papa joad for all his efforts. The party for Chase was great and gave everyone a chance to sign his cards and poster. Nice touch.

The fashion show went off quite well except someone wouldn't let the reenactor speak. I was real impressed with Hollywood. I thought he did an outstanding job with his impression and spoke very well. J.D told me that he thought the fashion show went off quite well. Thanks to everyone.

For everyone that put out displays and brought food "Thanks". Now that we have camp broke down and all our canvass dring from the rain storm, I want to wish everyone in our reenacting groups a Merry Christmas and a great New Year. It was so great to see everyone. I hope to see all of you next year and have a great time or better than I had this past year.

Scott Wilke
C.O. 14th Armored Inf.

Capt. Scott Wilke
14th Armored Division
dwight
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 04:29:42 PM »

i had a really good time visiting with everyone at christmas at the barracks. i want to thank all the groups that got together to make it possible. i feel bad for the guys that spent the night that had to clean up and break down displays in sundays rain. next year i will stay and help.the 29th division looks like it is getting off to a good start, and i wish them much luck and success. i am sure we all know it, but we are extremely blessed to have a military post in our area that we have such access to. happy birthday chase. dwight.
Gump
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 05:51:25 PM »

hey everyone merry christmas.the event was a blast.i would like to thank everyone for coming i enjoyed every bit of it.the 29th is here to stay,we set up in the loft with a great display and i had a great turn out of 5 guys.we had a few minor problems but believe me they were resolved.I came down hard on my boys and the bucked up.but anyways i hope everong had as much fun as i did.
Scott Wilke
Private First Class

Reddy Kilowatt "Sparky"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 06:45:54 PM »

Hey Carol and I just want to say Happy, Happy Birthday CHASE!!!!!   Hope you get your box and card in time!!!

Love ya,
Scott & Carol
 Kiss

Capt. Scott Wilke
14th Armored Division
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: